One of the keys to a successful Facebook page is balancing content to ensure that you are not ‘selling’ 100% of the time. Over the last couple of weeks Westfield Garden City (a Brisbane shopping centre) have managed to achieve this by bringing fun and excitement to their Facebook page. The Centre used their Facebook page to give out clues for participation in a scavenger hunt where customers could locate and win this seasons most fashionable shoes.
The concept is simple, just think ‘Cinderella!’
This is how the scavenger hunt worked each day for 10 days:
1. The Centre posted a photo of Prince Charming with a pair of shoes, a hint and a code word via their Facebook page
2. In order to win the shoes, fans were required to locate the Prince, provide the code word and try on the shoes
3. The shoes were awarded to the first person who tried on the shoes with a perfect fit
4. The prize was awarded and the Facebook page was updated with the winner alongside Prince Charming.
What I liked about the scavenger hunt
If you’re thinking about running a similar campaign in Centre here’s a few things you might want to consider:
Now it’s over to you: What else would you include in a scavenger hunt for your shopping centre or retail store? What market would you target?
Author: Celina Johnson
• Customised social media set up
• Daily Monitoring of your social media
• Marketing Plans and Strategies
• Experienced in Shopping Centres
• Experienced in Retail
• Experienced in Small Business
• Media trained
• Experienced in stakeholder liaison