I’ve been setting up quite a few Instagram accounts for clients, so to make it easy for them to connect their Facebook pages and personal profiles I’ve put together this step by step “How to connect your Facebook account” blog post. I hope you find it helpful and easy to follow.
According to Wikipedia: Instagram is an online photo-sharing and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures, apply digital filters to them and share them on a variety of social networking services, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
I recommend that Facebook page admins run their Facebook pages via their personal account, this means that you can easily check your Facebook page when you are logged on personally. Therefore in order to connect your Instagram account with Facebook you will need to log into your personal Facebook account, from here you can choose to share photos to your Facebook personal profile or your Facebook page. If you share Instagram photos to your Facebook page you will save time because both social networks can be updated simultaneously.
Are you ready? Here we go….
2. Make sure you are already logged into your Facebook apps
3. Log into your Instagram Account using your businesses log in details
4. Tap on the Profile tab (bottom right)
5. Tap on the little cog (top right)
6. Scroll down to preferences, tap on share settings
7. Tap on Facebook and the account will connect to the Facebook account which is logged into your phone (if you’ve already logged in you shouldn’t have to log in again) but it will ask to access you public profile and friend list, tap ok. It will also ask you if Instagram can post on your behalf, tap ok.
8. You might be asked if you would like to share your Likes on Facebook. If you choose Yes, you will be sharing anything you like on Instagram to your Facebook Timeline, if you select No, nothing will be shared, I usually select no.
9. Now that you are connected to Facebook, tap on the Facebook option again and you will see that it says “Share to Timeline (default)”, tap this option, you will be asked if Instagram can manage your pages, tap ok and then select a page under the heading “Choose a Page.”
Multiple Admins: As far as I can tell and as far as I have tested each admin of the Facebook page should be able to log into the Instagram account on their iPhone at the same time and use the same Instagram account. They each need to connect their personal Facebook profiles to the Instagram app and then connect the Facebook page for their business.
10. When you click on the Facebook back button you can then see you are now sharing photos to your Facebook page.
11. To test it out tap to take a photo, add a filter and click next
12. Add in a caption which is relevant to the photo and click on the Facebook option
13. Click share and it will go out to Instagram and your Business Facebook Account. Congratulations, you are now connected!
Now it’s over to you: Do you have an Instagram account for your shopping centre, retail store or small business? Do you find it easier to share photos than text status updates? I’d love to hear about your experience with Instagram too so feel free to comment below.
Author: Celina Johnson
• Customised social media set up
• Daily Monitoring of your social media
• Marketing Plans and Strategies
• Experienced in Shopping Centres
• Experienced in Retail
• Experienced in Small Business
• Media trained
• Experienced in stakeholder liaison