Posted by Celina Johnson on 12 Aug 2013 /
Did you know that your Facebook page has a SPAM filter that will automatically set some fan comments to SPAM? You should check this section of your Facebook page regularly to make sure that you’re not missing any important comments which have been incorrectly defined as SPAM.
Here’s How to Check it:
1. Visit your Facebook page
2. Click on ‘Edit Page’ from the admin panel and click on ‘Use Activity Log’
3. Down the left hand side there are a few options to choose from, click on ‘SPAM’
4. If you have any comments which are SPAM they will show up in the right hand column underneath the month in which they occurred. You will see a little icon on the top right hand side of the post which allows you to either delete the SPAM or you can unhide it if it was incorrectly set to SPAM. It will then show up on your Facebook page.
For eight years Celina successfully worked in shopping centres owned and/or managed by Byvan/FPD Savills, Mirvac and Stockland. Now she works with retailers, small business and sub-regional shopping centres, setting up and managing their social media and marketing. Celina also teaches businesses how to make the most of their social media presence.
• Customised social media set up
• Daily Monitoring of your social media
• Marketing Plans and Strategies
• Experienced in Shopping Centres
• Experienced in Retail
• Experienced in Small Business
• Media trained
• Experienced in stakeholder liaison
Celina has worked with me on multiple shopping centre social media campaigns. across properties in NSW, WA, VIC and SA for Jones Lang LaSalle and Woolworths Ltd, optimising the investment from limited marketing funds and providing measurable results.
Lisa Tierney, Shopping Centre Marketing Consultant